About Kat Ruiz: She has been practicing yoga for more than 20 years and has been teaching yoga, meditation and breathwork for more than 13 years in New York, The Hamptons and Internationally. In 2005, she left Wall Street to pursue a more meaningful life. She completed her 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training with YogaWorks NYC in June 2007, while on a summer break for her Master’s in Education at NYU.
She has taught for Equinox gyms in NYC since 2008 and received her Pre-Post-natal training at Pure Yoga in 2009 while pregnant with her first child.
She recently launched her 8-week weight loss program, helping moms shed unwanted weight so they can live their best lives.
In this episode, Adam and Kat Ruiz discuss:
- Effective ways to approach wellness
- How you can practice wellness in the pandemic
- The convenience of doing yoga and meditation at home
- Seek wellness in multiple ways, through yoga, meditation and even in just simple breathwork.
- Wellness instructors are making wellness much more available and viable, even virtually, for everyone. You don’t have to go out of your house to seek wellness.
- Breathwork is vital and is accessible at any time and any place.
“It’s not just about gaining weight, it’s about the way it makes you feel. It’s a whole mind-body connection and I think it really starts with changing the mindset and our relationship with ourselves.” — Kat Ruiz
Connect with Kat Ruiz:
Connect With Adam Weber:
Book: Meditation Not Medicine
Show notes by Podcastologist Justine Talla.
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.