About Shannon Talbot: With over 15 years and 13,000 hours leading people and teams in the corporate world, Shannon Talbot is a workplace well-being and performance expert who has become renowned for activating and energizing people and teams to live healthier and more joyful lives across various industries.
Shannon aligns and partners with companies and organizations in an effort to see improved employee performance and engagement, reduced turnover, and improved employee well-being, all of which contribute to increased revenue.
Working across Canada, the U.S., and Latin America in banking and advertising, Shannon was known for exceeding revenue targets and employee engagement metrics.
While she loved the corporate world, her greatest joy came from watching her teams overcome obstacles to realize their potential, while having fun doing it. She also realized first-hand that by prioritizing her own well-being and happiness, she could be more successful professionally and personally.
Shannon is a passionate advocate for holistic personal and organizational growth, holds an MBA from the Schulich School of Business, and is a Certified Health, Life & Transformational Coach. She is the Founder and CEO of Path to Presence, a Wellness Coaching Company based in Toronto, Canada. She is also the author of Unleash Your Inner Tiger, coming out in 2023.
Her work has been featured on CBC Radio and in Today’s Parent, Chatelaine, Thrive Global, Lifehack, and Authority Magazine.
In this episode, Adam and Shannon discuss:
- What is burnout?
- Escaping or addressing burnout
- How visualization motivates people
- The art of saying “no”
- The difference between a health & life coach and a therapist
- There are numerous factors that contribute to burnout, which is on the rise across all age groups, and it is high time for us to take a closer look at it and see how we can better manage it.
- The first step in dealing with burnout is recognizing its signs. Then, be clear about your goals or what you truly desire. Being clear about your goals will make it easier for you to set action steps to help you get there.
- The more you practice visualization or tuning in to all of your senses, the easier it is to be present in that moment and bring motivation into your life.
- Do not put everyone else’s needs ahead of your own. Learn to say no and set boundaries for yourself. Unless we respect our own time, energy, and focus with boundaries, we will lose a lot of energy and find things to be really draining.
- Health and life coaches and therapists both offer advice, but therapists help their clients work through and resolve past issues and traumas, whereas coaches work with clients on current obstacles and challenges, and help them discover what they really want in their life.
“Once they do move themselves up the list of their priorities, and they go towards the top, they see how much that can impact all others in their life and everything they do. Put your own oxygen mask on before you help others” — Shan
Book Online: https://www.pathtopresence.ca/book-online
Connect with Shannon Talbot
Leave a Comment