About Allison Jackson: Allison Jackson is the founder of Allison Jackson Fitness. She loves all things health and fitness, but what she loves is sharing her knowledge and expertise to help hard-working moms reach their goals so they can be at their best.
In this episode, Adam and Allison Jackson discuss:
- Mindfulness and Visualization
- A mindful approach to eating
- Making changes that impact your health
- Don’t space out – be aware of what you’re doing, be present and mindful. At the same time, create a picture in your mind that shows where you want to be in your fitness, career, and self-development.
- Being mindful with eating is applied in two ways: one is to fully focus when eating, to eat without distractions, and to feel the taste, smell, and texture of the food. The second way is to be aware of what you’re putting in your plate and what you’re drinking.
- If you’re looking to make changes, make small changes and track them. Shoot for 7,000 to 10,000 steps. Implement a meditating practice in your life – start with 2 minutes a day.
“Focus on what you’re eating, it’s super hard… but really tasting the food, smelling them, the texture – it’s gonna help your brain register when you are truly full and it’s gonna help you have a more enjoyable eating experience.” — Allison Jackson
Connect with Allison Jackson:
Connect With Adam Weber:
Book: Meditation Not Medicine