About Brandt Passalacqua:
Brandt Passalacqua is the creator of Breathing Deeply Yoga Therapy. He has been enjoying Yoga and the healing arts since 2001, after overcoming obesity and a life-threatening autoimmune illness. His personal journey inspires countless others and informs his compassionate, humorous, and down-to-earth teaching style.
Brandt has maintained a private practice since 2002, integrating yoga therapy in the tradition of Krishnamacharya and Structural Yoga Therapy, Medical Massage, various meditation lineages, and plain-old common sense to help people realize their goals. He works with individuals suffering from a wide variety of diseases including obesity, eating disorders, acute and chronic physical complaints, trauma, chronic and mental conditions. He also serves as a meditation teacher, with an emphasis on finding the most efficient practice/s for an individual’s evolution.
Brandt shares what he knows through training programs in Breathing Deeply Yoga Therapy, Peaceful Weight Loss™ through Yoga, and the Breathing Deeply Meditation Sangha. He lives in Western Massachusetts with his wife and two children.
In this episode, Adam and Brandt discuss:
- Meditation, Breathwork and Yoga as a path to healing
- Preparing yourself for change
- Different types of modern yoga
- Meditation, Breathwork and Yoga can be a path for healing for those suffering from chronic stress, mental health problems, and even obesity. Most of the work in terms of weight loss is psychological. Nearly everyone knows they need to change their diet, but not many can actualize what they want to do.
- Recognize that there’s a problem you have to serve, and have an open mind to accept new ideas.
- There is no one-size-fits-all yoga “prescription” – it’s important to find an expert that can point you in the right direction based on what your need is.
“Understand that you are suffering and that there’s a problem… and be willing to put some effort into it.” — Brandt Passalacqua
Connect with Brandt Passalacqua:
Connect With Adam Weber:
Book: Meditation Not Medicine
Leave a Comment