About Rae Guerrero: Raewyn Guerrero is The Gutsy Executive Coach, committed to helping you eliminate the guesswork around your stress, so that you can fine tune your biochemistry and become the CEO of not only your health, but your Life. After years chasing symptoms in the Conventional Medicine World to address her own Anxiety and IBS, she discovered the evidence-based, systems biology framework of Functional Medicine and Functional Diagnostic Nutrition. This approach revealed how the gut is connected to the brain, to hormones, to the skin – to pretty much all health. She’s been featured in the Huffington Post, the CW Network, and on numerous podcasts discussing a Nutrition and Psychology approach for Sleep, Panic Attacks and Anti-Aging. By offering a personalized roadmap for how to eat, think, sleep and move through the insights gained from Functional Labs, she’s set to change the face of healthcare and create a Well World.
In this episode, Adam and Rae discuss:
- The difference with functional medicine
- The importance of gut health
- Eating for health, not convenience
- Functional medicine is all about going deeper into what’s causing the disease, bringing in all the factors of a being and not just focusing on treating the symptoms but on creating well being in the individual.
- 57% of your DNA is not human, it belongs to other microorganisms. There’s a trillion of them living in your digestive tract. What we eat will impact how our gut functions and that will affect our overall health and well-being.
- Eat healthy. Don’t sacrifice your health for what is convenient. Eat some leafy greens, but remember that red meat is healthy too – just make sure you’ve got a source for grass-fed meat.
“[On chronic medication taking] Symptomatic relief while you’re trying to get the rest of the body working – that’s how it SHOULD be used. But instead, it’s being used as the treatment and the cure – and it’s not the cure.” — Rae Guerrero
Connect with Rae Guerrero:
Connect With Adam Weber:
Book: Meditation Not Medicine
Leave a Comment