About Lisa Erickson: Lisa Erickson is an energy worker specializing in women’s energetics and sexual trauma healing. Her primary work is chakra-based, incorporating guided visual and somatic exercises for gently healing and transforming obstructive energetic and emotional patterns. She is also a certified mindfulness meditation instructor and Feeding Your Demons facilitator, and incorporates both into her work. Phone offers sessions, Skype, or Zoom, customized according to a client’s needs, and always trauma-sensitive. She shares some of her work, including a free E-book on healing the subtle body wounds of sexual trauma, at her blog MommyMystic.com.
In this episode, Adam and Lisa Erickson discuss:
- Yin and Yang Energies
- The art and science of meditation
- Busy-mind and drowsy-mind
- Mindfulness meditation, meditation as a tool for healing, and other techniques for improving your meditation habit
- Find a balance between yin and yang – don’t fall into either extremes.
- Meditation means differently for different people. Some see it as a way to manage stress, others see it as a path to healing, and others view it as a spiritual practice, or all of that and more.
- For busy-mind people, it might be helpful to extend your exhale when meditating.
- Meditation can be done anywhere and in multiple ways.
“Meditation… is a little bit like exercise… it’s going to benefit you’re body whether you enjoy or you didn’t. I certainly hope that everyone enjoys their meditation, but you shouldn’t quit if you don’t enjoy it every day because it still has benefits.” — Lisa Erickson
Connect with Lisa Erickson:
Connect With Adam Weber:
Book: Meditation Not Medicine
Show notes by Podcastologist: Justine Talla.
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.