About Leah Marie: Leah Marie is a certified Divorce Recovery Coach helping women in their 30s & 40s adjust to being alone after divorce to build self-confidence without settling for the wrong relationships.
In this episode, Adam and Leah discuss:
- A mindful approach to divorce
- Practicing getting quiet with yourself
- Acceptance is the key.
- The art of handling other people’s opinions mindfully
- When going through the divorce process, it’s about responding and being mindful, not reacting, that will give you the self-awareness you need.
- The key to understanding yourself better while dealing with divorce stress is to be present with yourself, practice breathing exercises, and listen to yourself quietly.
- Don’t resist what comes next from your choices, accept it and learn to let it go, and you’ll be more confident moving forward.
- Nobody knows what’s going on with you, and no one understands the choices you make. It’s only you who can decide what’s best for you. It doesn’t matter if they don’t understand your choices; it’s during this time you’ll find out who’s truly on your side and who isn’t.
“That’s where acceptance (as you go through the divorce process) comes into play. And when you can see it as an opportunity to create good things for yourself or to get to know yourself or to heal wounds that you’ve been carrying around for years, it’s a chance for you to better yourself and to really have a better, healthier life, if you see it that way and if you choose to see it that way.” — Leah Marie
Connect with Leah Marie: